San Francisco Bay Area
We are looking for smart, quick and highly motivated Operations Engineers to join our growing and profitable company. We are primarily looking for Systems Administrators, but also value experience as a DBA or Network Engineer.
• Help develop tools to monitor and maintain systems.
• Ensure compliance of server infrastructure.
• Optimize existing environment based on business and security needs.
• Ensure the overall reliability of services.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required 24x7 and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for network and security issues.
• BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of relevant system administration experience preferred. Experience with various distributions a plus (Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.)
• Experience in configuration management as well as automation efforts.
• Fluency in at least one coding/scripting language (i.e. Python, Perl, Bash, etc.).
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
• Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer service
Nice to have:
• System build & configuration automation experience – Red Hat kickstart, Chef, Puppet, etc.
• Experience with monitoring / metrics (Nagios, MRTG, Orca, etc)
• Experience with Internet-oriented services such as web (apache, thttpd) and DNS (djbdns, BIND)
• Experience with raid, cpus, servers, network, etc
**MUST ALREADY BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US
WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR NEW H1B VISAS, BUT H1B TRANSFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED