Ringio is a new and exciting online company that provides internet phone service to small businesses. We're looking for a few great software engineers to help take our product to the next level.
Major areas of development focus:
* Voice Technology - All calls using Ringio run through our voice systems to enable things like on-hold music, call screening, and transfers. We have a lot of new voice functionality that we’d like to build, as well as technology we’d like to integrate. This is fairly unique to our industry and involves some interesting timing, concurrency, and state management problems.
* API Development - Integration with CRM systems and reselling partners requires APIs for large pieces of our platform. We need help expanding our APIs, making sure they’re usable and secure, and testing that they’re working correctly.
This is a Great Job Because:
* You’ll be getting in very early at a startup that’s growing rapidly, both financially and in personnel
* As an early employee, you’ll have a lot of influence, from engineering processes to product suggestions
* Our engineering projects offer intellectual challenges and great opportunities to play with hot new technologies
* You will get a competitive equity stake in the company by joining while the team is small
* We offer flexible hours, a casual dress code, and great working conditions
You will work on a small team of developers to build new features, fix bugs, and improve our processes. Being a small startup team with a lot of work to do, everyone wears a lot of hats. Our software developers spend most of their time writing code, but they also work on systems engineering, design UI elements, and diagnose operations problems.
Familiar with object oriented programming. We use Grails and Java for our major systems. Grails, Groovy, or Java experience isn’t required, but you’ll be expected to get up to speed quickly.
Fluent with Unix/Linux command-line systems. Logging into a Linux server to count the number of ERROR lines in a log file grouped by hour wouldn’t be difficult for you.
Smart software developer
Excited about joining a startup
US citizen or Green Card holder
Able to work from our McLean, VA office (flexibility to work from home sometimes, but most time will be at the office)
College degree desired, but not required for good candidates
This is a salaried position including with additional equity compensation.