Who We Are:
Sumazi, headquartered in San Francisco, was founded on a powerful idea: Someone should never miss an opportunity to connect with the right person at the right time.
Sumazi’s technology delivers highly personalized routing and recommendations to the people you should know based on your social media behavior. While you’re at work, on a plane or even asleep, Sumazi ensures you never miss an opportunity or a chance to make a valuable connection.
Sumazi was a Top 25 finalist selected from more than 1,000 applicants to compete at the prestigious TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield, where it won the Omidyar Network award for startup "Most Likely to Change the World." Sumazi has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today and Harvard Business Review.
Our CEO, Sumaya Kazi, was recognized by BusinessWeek as one of "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs" and by Reuters and Klout as one of the “Most Influential Executives on the Web.” Our team has experience from great companies such as Google, Sun Microsystems, Cisco and VMWare.
Who You Are:
We're looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hungry-to-succeed software engineer to join the Sumazi team. You will work closely with the technical lead and the founder of the company, in planning, designing and coding systems that scale.
* A bachelor’s, master’s or PhD (or equivalent experience) in computer science or a similar field
* Must be able to show a portfolio of products you have helped work on or launched, a Github, or a repository of code you have written
* A good understanding of data structures, complexity analysis and algorithms (particularly graph theory)
* Experience building scalable solutions
* You enjoy working on big data problems
* Ability to scope technical requirements, timeline and deliverables
* Entrepreneurial, "can-do" attitude coupled with the ability to be nimble and pivot quickly
* Bonus if you have experience with any of the following: search (lucene, elasticsearch, etc), machine learning, erlang, iOS or Android
* Competitive compensation and benefits package
* Our office is located in SOMA across the street from AT&T Park in San Francisco. We share our floor with 30 other startups, which makes for an awesome working environment
Interested in applying or recommending someone? Send us an email at: