Social Media Internship
Toonari News & Media seeks a Social Media and Digital Communications intern with a strong interest in progressive politics and independent publishing to work on our online news magazine Toonari Post.
The intern will:
• Promote Toonari Post' stories and brand through social media by managing the Toonari Posts Facebook page and Twitter account.
• Look into additional and emerging social media sites; create and maintain a presence for Toonari Post as needed.
• Assist with the creation of press releases, e-newsletters and other communications materials.
• Monitor website traffic, Facebook page activity and e-newsletter open and click-through rates; compile and send reports to staff.
Applicants should be detail-oriented, passionate about progressive politics, freedom of speech, environmental issues and able to respond quickly to changing work priorities. Must be familiar internet and social media savvy, and should understand how to compose attention-grabbing tweets and status updates. Familiarity with Google Analytics and basic HTML preferred but not required.
Toonari News & Media is a for-profit social enterprise start up committed to political and economic democracy.
Toonari News & Media is dedicated to reporting the news with the highest journalistic standards; to informing and analyzing movements for social, environmental and economic justice; and to providing an accessible forum for debate about the policies that shape our future.
• Residents and Citizens from all countries and Regions are welcome to apply
• Internship is virtual
• Internet Connection, Computer, Headphones/Microphone and/or Webcam is required