Be a part of the core platform team that moves Guidewire’s core configuration tools to Eclipse. This opportunity is open to strong Java developers of all levels of experience with an interest in working on development tools that are critical to customers configuring Guidewire software. Apply your expertise with a GUI framework, such as SWT and Swing, or become an expert on the job.
Guidewire is a software company. Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise, and we are growing to meet the needs of the market.
Our development process is sustainable (no death marches), work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, systematic, and rational approach to our business employing Agile / SCRUM development principles. See and hear from our employees at http://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers.
If you are happiest when coding, we would like to hear from you.
Successful Software Engineers at Guidewire typically have:
• Desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
• An interest in practicing modern development techniques (TDD, scrum, pair programming, stories, kanban, etc.).
• Enough concern about quality to write and maintain loads of unit tests.
• 5+ years of software product development and delivery experience.
• A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code.
• Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly pick up new technologies and programming techniques.
A dynamic or functional language, such as Ruby, Groovy, Scala, Haskell or Lisp
Test-driven development (TDD)
SWT, Swing or another GUI framework
Experience building plug-ins for a major IDE
Familiarity with XML
Attention to usability and performance