FanShout is building revolutionary new tools for social media marketing and ecommerce! Our team includes expertise from Google, Apple, and YouTube, and we're looking for a technical leader with a passion for innovative product design and building online communities.
The right person is a talented, hands-on engineer who will help make strategic decisions about architecture, technologies, and user experience. You should be a technical athlete - with bench strength in a variety of web app frameworks, flexibility in taking on new challenges, able to learn and adapt in a fast-moving environment, and a natural team player. Most all, you're interested in elegant designs that surprise and delight users!
Design and implement our application beta, allowing for flexible testing and analytics gathering around our user experience
Build a scalable back-end that will serve as the foundation for future production launches
Design and implement database schema and access mechanisms
Architect internal support and analytics systems
Build out and lead an engineering team that will become the stuff of legends
Expertise in MySQL and good schema design
Bonus points for expertise in developing, integrating, and deploying Facebook applications
Ability to quickly prototype and iterate towards production-level quality
Bonus points for expertise in visual design and related programs (Adobe CS, etc)
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, in person, phone, and email
Motivated, fearless, self-starter, quick learner, and with a great sense of humor
* Prefer CS degrees from top universities, but what you've actually done matters most
* The chance to be part of something big and awesome that you will help create and own!
* We're still in stealth mode, and compensation will be primarily equity-based
* Fantastic location in downtown San Francisco
* Full-time desired, but will consider part-time arrangements
* Working onsite preferred, telecommuting ok