The Infochimps, Inc Mission
We make lists, spreadsheets and data sets easy to find and monkey around with.
According to a University of Southern California study, humans have stored 295 exabytes (billion gigabytes) of data since 1986. Within this ever expanding influx of data we can find information that cures diseases, improves governments and businesses, and helps us understand people and the world around us. Software can help us make sense of overwhelming amounts of data, but only if it is machine readable.
Infochimps is a place to find data that can be read by both people and machines. We seek to help developers, analysts and researchers find, share and sell this data. It is available in a downloadable format they can host themselves, as well as a hosted format they can access with a data API key.
Infochimps was initially the brainchild of two graduate physics students at the University of Texas and received its Series A from DFJ Mercury in 2010.
Life at Infochimps, Inc
* A world class team of friendly people eager to tackle hard problems so others don’t have to
* Ask around, we have one of the finest data science and scalable backend teams in the world
* Convenient location in downtown Austin, a city ranked Kiplinger’s #1 city for the next decade and Forbes #1 best bargain city
* Delish lunches brought in everyday, free for employees
* All the bananas you can eat
* Competitive salary and options
* Health insurance benefits, fully paid for employees and their dependents