The Hi Tech Hub, British Embassy, Tel Aviv Mission
In September, the British Embassy in Israel will launch a ‘Hi Tech Hub’. It is tasked with promoting UK economic growth by creating a lasting partnership between the UK and Israel in high-tech. We will position the UK as the European partner of choice for Israel in high-tech, and ensure the UK market can make full use of the breadth and quality of Israeli R & D.
The hub will:
- identify and bring innovative Israeli technology and R+D to UK-based companies;
- define the key sectors where UK/Israel collaboration could be particularly fruitful;
- match up, and forge partnerships between, UK and Israel based companies;
- position the UK in Israel as a centre for technological and services innovation;
- tie Israeli high tech players into UK capital markets;
- establish the UK as the base of choice for Israeli high-tech companies in Europe.
Our team is steered by HM Ambassador and is sits alongside the UK Trade & Investments team. We are hiring a team of start-up specialists, from the different hi tech sectors; biotech, cleantech and digital.
Life at Hi Tech Hub, British Embassy, Tel Aviv
Our environment is unique. We're a brand new start-up, but within a governmental organisation. We combine the agility, mentality and energy of a start-up, but with all the support, heritage and reputation of the British government!
We also combine the best of Israel and the UK. Our office is situated on a bustling main street, right in the heart of vibrant Tel Aviv, moments from the beach and the best cafes and restaurants, but our office has the serenity, amenities and conviviality that you'd expect from the UK.