The Datameer Mission
To provide a painless way to create Big Data Analytics for the those who use Hadoop.
Tapping the vast potential of big data will become the ultimate competitive advantage as information increasingly defines the business.
With the challenges of applying traditional data warehouses to big data problems, companies are realizing that they need to start rethinking the technologies they require to drive their information needs.
Datameer Analytics Solution (DAS) is specifically designed to solve the challenges of accessing, analyzing and using massive amounts of data. DAS uses Apache Hadoop for cost effective storage and processing of large volumes of structured and unstructured data, as its foundation. DAS offers a complete end-to-end solution with tools to make it easier to integrate, manage and make sense of all this data. These tools include simple wizard-based data integration for IT users as well as an intuitive spreadsheet interface and reporting for business users.
Stefan Groschupf is the co-founder and CEO of Datameer and is well known for his entrepreneurial accomplishments in data management and large-scale distributed computing.
Before Datameer, Stefan was the co-founder and CEO of Scale Unlimited, a leading provider of educational and consulting services for Hadoop and related technologies with proven success in companies such as HP, Sun, Apple, Deutsche Telekom and Nokia. Earlier, Stefan was CEO of 101Tec, a supplier of Hadoop and Nutch-based search and text classification software to industry-leading companies such as DHL and EMI Music. Stefan has also served as CTO at Thinglink, a developer of social objects used in social interaction design, as well.
Life at Datameer
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN THE DATAMEER TEAM
1. We are an exciting new start-up with VC backing!
2. In less than a year we have released a product and have high-profile customers.
3. We have a sweet spot in an industry that is rapidly growing and our goal is to bring the right people along for an amazing ride
4. We are passionate about our product.
5. We have a foosball table.
6. We have each others’ back. We want everyone to take responsibility for their own decisions and actions. Finger-pointing and politics are not who we are.
7. We absolutely give props when a job is done well.
8. We fully embrace intelligent and creative thoughts. The willingness to learn and enthusiasm means we want you active contributions.
9. It is never boring.
10. We are really cool and the product is awesome!