Startup Jobs Startup Companies Post a Job! Startup Newswire Job Widgets
Search Startup Jobs
Industries
Consumer
Job Openings
in Research and Development

CoPatient

www.copatient.com   —  
Funding: Shhhh... Funding Type: Shhhh...
Employees: 10 Revenue: Shhhh...

The CoPatient Mission

CoPatient's mission is to become the platform for consumers to manage their healthcare. By efficiently and effectively addressing patients’ medical debt, we will earn the right to talk to consumers about the broader medical issues they face.

Our Products

Our the healthcare system faces some serious problems:
• Costs are spiraling out of control. . .. did you know we spend 20% of our GDP on healthcare?
• Consumers have largely been on the sidelines until recently as they face higher premiums, higher deductibles and overall higher out-of-pocket expenses.
• Can you believe that 1 in 5 Americans had trouble paying their medical bills last year while 1 in 3 people spent time disputing a medical bill or insurance denial in the past 12 months?!?!

We created CoPatient (http://copatient.com/) to advocate on behalf of patients. In addition to making sure patients are treated fairly by doctors and insurers, CoPatient can reduce the amount of money patients owe on their medical bills. We deliver this service by crowdsourcing medical bills, auditing them for errors and overcharges, and appealing the outstanding balances on behalf of individuals and employers. We get smarter over time, driving the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of our servi

Our Team

Us (Rebecca and Katie):
Two recovering corporate types with almost 20 years of combined healthcare experience (http://copatient.com/about/) who are:
• Spending 90% of our time designing the solutions patient need to manage their healthcare spending. . . the other 10% of the time is spent talking about those solutions over a bottle of wine!
• Former athenahealth executives. ATHN is a technology-enabled service provider to medical practices (they get doctors paid by insurance companies) so we are inspired by what the combination of technology + intelligence + service can deliver
• Convinced our initial web site and iPhone app (built with the assistance of some great contractors) need the technical expertise to turn these prototypes into real product
• Ready to expand -- we've raised a seed round and have in place our first sales channel partnership

CoPatient Locations

Name Address Employees
Headquarters Portland, OR, USA 10
About Us  |  Privacy Policy   |   Terms & Conditions  |  Contact Us
© 2014 Job Alchemist, Inc. All rights reserved.

Feedback

Startuply is in beta. Love it? Hate it? Want to suggest new features or report a bug? We'd love to hear from you.
    
Feedback